Senior Software Engineer
Gentuity is an exciting and highly innovative medical technology firm, active in the research and development, clinical translation, and commercialization of vascular imaging devices. This opportunity provides the candidates the unique chance to work on innovative medical products, with the potential to significantly change the practice of medicine in the care of patients suffering from a wide range of highly debilitating vascular diseases.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of the Gentuity imaging application software and internal software tools
- Contribute to the specification and implementation of a robust software architecture for all Gentuity software
- Contribute to the research and development of image processing algorithms and techniques
- Contribute to creation and revisions of Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) documents
- Design, implement and test software per defined architecture and SRSs
- Create required software documentation
- Develop rapid prototypes for demonstrating new features, GUI ideas, and for hardware evaluation.
- Participate in evaluation and selection of supporting software, including SOUP (Software of Unknown Pedigree)
- Contribute to any refinements to the Software Development Lifecyle and subsidiary procedures as needed. Ensure that these procedures comply with applicable regulations. Ensure that software deliverables comply with these procedures.
- Participate in the creation of Intellectual Property
- Production quality software
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Modern, multi-threaded C++
Experience in at least three of the following:
- Qt/QML Framework
- User Interface Development
- Machine Learning for Image or Data Processing (TensorFlow or similar packages)
- Scripting language experience one of the following: Python, or Ruby
- Image Processing algorithms (OpenCV / ITK / etc.)Experience with building embedded software in medical, scientific, and/or analytical devices a plus.
- Full-stack web-development
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- AWS / Azure / Cloud solutions
- DICOM / PACS integration
- Firmware Development / Electrical Engineering
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field (e.g., Computer science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics)
"*" indicates required fields