Senior Manufacturing Technician
Gentuity is an exciting and highly innovative medical technology firm, active in the research and development, clinical translation, and commercialization of vascular imaging devices. This opportunity provides the candidates the unique chance to work on innovative medical products, with the potential to significantly change the practice of medicine in the care of patients suffering from a wide range of highly debilitating vascular diseases.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manufacture medical products (capital equipment) by following documented procedures and manufacturing instructions
- Perform equipment set-up, and in-process inspection
- Develop manufacturing processes and work with engineers to create written procedures
- Support and train assemblers to manufacturing work instructions.
- Assists in problem solving activities for design, process and testing
- Assists in the development and writing of test and measurement methods as needed
- Support in the design and fabrication of fixturing for test and assembly
- Execute and document engineering experiments for process improvement and validation
- Maintain good laboratory note taking practices to document work activities
- Support product scale-up from R&D to production.
- Clearly communicate ideas and findings to engineering, management and colleagues.
Other duties as required
Minimum of five (3) years’ experience in medical device industry.
- Experience manufacturing medical device capital equipment
- Experience with design of electro-mechanical components and technologies
- Experience with electro-optics and opto-mechanical assemblies, laser and fiber optic components and processing a plus
- Good hands-on abilities and approach for prototyping, process development and problem solving
- Willing to learn new technical skills and engineering knowledge and continuously make improvements
- Ability to handle small components and complex precision assemblies
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Ability to manage multiple objectives and tasks
- Knowledge of Quality Systems a plus
- CAD experience (SolidWorks) a plus
- Team player with good communication skills