Research and Development Engineer
Gentuity is an exciting and highly innovative medical technology firm, active in the research and development, clinical translation, and commercialization of vascular imaging devices. This opportunity provides the candidates the unique chance to work on innovative medical products, with the potential to significantly change the practice of medicine in the care of patients suffering from a wide range of highly debilitating vascular diseases.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate new technologies and their application to our products.
- Perform early development of products and corresponding processes which meet customer requirements
- Challenge product process robustness to ensure commercial success.
- Generate technical documentation of the design parts and assemblies
- Establish and maintain appropriate manufacturing documentation including work instructions, equipment documentation, bills of materials, product routings and logs.
- Develop and execute preliminary product testing including process & product testing.
- Develop procedures for product evaluation.
- Design preliminary assembly fixtures
- Perform preliminary product testing over manufacturing capability
- Perform tolerance stacks on all components and ensure interchangeability of parts
- Address design issues as they arise.
- Develop process capability charts and measure progress.
- Develop design and process FMEAs.
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run and assembly time.
- Identify and propose ways to reduce production costs and improve manufacturability.
- Support sourcing and approval of suppliers of components and equipment. Identify alternative suppliers as needed.
- Review assembly methods to optimize productivity and workflow.
- Clearly communicate ideas and findings to management and colleagues.
- Establish and maintain a training and a quality culture.
- Other duties as required
Minimum of one to two years’ experience in product development, preferably medical devices.
- Hands on research experience
- Experience working a regulated environment
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Knowledge of CAD
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus.
- Experience with fiber optic components and processing a plus.
- Team player with solid communication skills
- Bachelor’s in engineering with 1-2 year experience or a Master’s Degree in engineering.