IT System Administrator
Gentuity is an exciting and highly innovative medical technology firm, active in the research and development, clinical translation, and commercialization of vascular imaging devices. This opportunity provides the candidates the unique chance to work on innovative medical products, with the potential to significantly change the practice of medicine in the care of patients suffering from a wide range of highly debilitating vascular diseases.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer, install, and troubleshoot a variety of operating systems. Perform system maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery, and file maintenance.
• Schedule, install, and test system software upgrades.
• Coordinate and schedule IT initiatives including hardware/software/vendor selection.
• Configure software and resolve technical problems. Includes occasional travel to Bedford office.
• Monitor and maintain software licensing and maintenance agreements.
• Perform overall information systems planning, implementation and administrative procedures in a variety of IT functional areas.
• Provide operational infrastructure support, maintenance, troubleshooting to ensure optimum utilization of IT resources
• Manage user accounts, security groups and permissions
• Maintain and improve automation tools for things like account provisioning and computer imaging
• Establish and maintain cybersecurity related processes and procedures
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field. A working knowledge in the following areas:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
• Experience with both Windows and Linux server management
• Experience managing a Windows domain controller and Active Directory
• Experience with virtual machine management
• Scripting such as Python, Powershell, Bash
• Experience with Cybersecurity planning, implementation, and monitoring
• Up-to-date on the latest industry trends
• Good understanding of essential IT management (backups, user management, security, networking, firewalls)
• Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Able to physically stand, go up and down stairs, and lift typical IT equipment
• Solid team player
High school degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field preferred.
"*" indicates required fields